Saturday, March 20, 2010

Two Kids and a Granny

Our week at Holden Beach in April is official at last. I am hoping the weather will cooperate, but frankly, just a change of view and perspective is what I'm really after. Heath is very excited about sand castle building, ferry-boat riding, finding a starfish, and sleeping with Papa. (My parents and Grandma will be joining us for the first few days.)

Speaking of joining us, while my parents are away this weekend, my 82 year-old Grandma is staying with us. Heath and Stella have had a blast having Granny around. We spent the entire day outside. Mark handcrafted two garden boxes with two elfin helpers, one granny, and a somewhat MIA (and bossy) wife. (I wasn't MIA, really. I was just out running in my rockin' Shamrock Green plaid running skirt. And when I returned, I was only mildly bossy. Someone had to tell them where to put the boxes.)

Mark trimmed bushes, while Granny swept the trimmings into piles, and Heath rolled his ride-on Thomas and bulldozer over them. Stella ate leaves. And I told her to not put them in her mouth. Mark loaded the boxes with dirt. Granny swept up the excess dirt. Heath pushed his tricycle-riding sister into the dirt. And I told him not to do that again. We were an excellent team.

All that hard work and great sunshine made for some tuckered out kiddies (and Granny).

Movie and ice cream time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages