Friday, March 12, 2010

Pumpkin Guts

I woke up this morning feeling unsure as to whether or not I could brave one more day this week. Fridays often find me feeling pretty tapped in the energy/patience department(s). Fortunately the morning rain subsided and I was able to take my injured foot for a quick run with the kiddies. Happy to report that the foot is better and my mood was improved. We even managed to wander our way over to our neighbor/friend's house for a delightful impromptu playdate.

After naps we headed out to an afternoon playdate. (Hopefully all this playing will leave them all tuckered-out.) The rain held off at this point so the kids were able to run around the backyard, piling bricks into dump trucks. Early into our playtime Heath managed to find (and wallow in)the "pumpkin patch" section . Not to be deterred from running trucks with his friends, he simply took off his pumpkin-slimed pants, and continued on his way in his Batman underpants for the rest of our visit.

It's all very interesting to me because 1) I made a point of making him wear underpants this afternoon, 2) As we were backing out of the driveway I thought, I don't have an extra just-in-case pair of pants with me. Ah, it will be fine, and 3) We also have a "pumpkin patch" in our backyard. It's a place where our Halloween/Thanksgiving pumpkins are laid to rest when they have passed on. Heath frequently finds his way into the guts of the patch.

During our playtime Mark called and asked if he should pick up Chinese for dinner. Twist my arm and I'll say okay.

Mmmm...chocolate fudge brownie ice cream is here. (But no Six Feet Under. Bummer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages