Monday, March 15, 2010

Hold On, Beach, We're Coming!

I am on a mission to find a place at the beach for a week in April. I know that traveling with the little ones can feel like more of the same, just a different location, but I am so in need of a new venue for a bit. I hope the one I just emailed works out for us.

A well-oiled machine, we were not today. The time change has us slightly out of whack. The kids waking up at 7:45am isn't so bad, unless it's on a school day. In that case, the day begins with a crazy whirlwind of getting 3 people dressed (I only managed 2--Stella stayed in pajamas), fed (I think maybe two of us ate), lunch box packed (there was a slight miscommunication about grapes vs. clementines), coffee slurped (down the front of shirt number one for me), tossed in the car before the mud puddle beckons (all over pair of shoes number two for Heath. The first were still wet from last night's waterhose debacle), and to school by 9. Needless to say, my frenzied behavior was contagious, so Heath was a buzzing Tasmanian Devil by the time we arrived (4 minutes late).

I'm still not sure how Heath's day at school went. Every time I asked, I was met with a glassy-eyed, faraway look, and eerie silence. I'm the woodworking volunteer in class tomorrow. Good luck to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages