Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesday's Gone With the Rain? Snow?

Two days in a row I have been successful in not only getting the kids together for school on time, but we've even managed to be a few minutes early. A calm start to the day makes all the difference.

But before I start to feel a sense of ease in life...

Yesterday after naps I noticed Stella just didn't seem quite herself. No fever. No running nose. Little cough, but that's nothing new for us this winter. So, I just figured she was tired. Period.

I had a meeting to attend at Heath's school this morning and sweet Stella tagged along. She happily ate a blueberry muffin. Sat in her chair. Smiled at everyone. Said hi to everyone. Repeatedly. Then wanted to sit in my lap.

As she was lying on me, I thought, Wow, she's really tired. Then I thought, Wow, she's really tired, maybe she just isn't feeling well. Then I thought, Wow, she's really seeming not well, I should go.

And before I can stand up, she (as Heath would say) sicked up all over. All over me. All over herself.

And it's true, it really does take a village, especially when you've got a sickin' up child on you and you're both smothered in it. Moms gave me wipes. They helped me get Stella to the bathroom. Got us disrobed. One got an extra shirt for Stella from Heath's cubby, then gave me her sweater to wear. Hallelujah for help.

Tough day for the little gal. All she wanted to do was rest on top of her green blanket. Even Heath has given her some much needed space, occasionally checking in on her. Any little noise or movement she made, She sickin' up?

So, how about that rain-snow? Good grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages