Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Three Days...

I just had to confirm with Mark that our beach trip is, in fact, three days away. Oh, sweet oasis, I can't believe you are almost here. Of course, I've done nothing in terms of packing, but that's what 10pm on Friday is for.

Stella had her 18 month check-up today. The nurses referred to her as social, friendly and busy, multiple times. They're pretty precise. She said hello to everyone in that place. Waved, smiled, said hi, and stopped at every possible spot to check out someone's shoes, shirt, diaper bag, file folder, stethoscope, rolling computer, rolling thermometer/bp machine, etc. I forgot that I was staggering a few of her vaccines, so I thought she was shot free today. She wasn't. But she was incredibly brave, and impressively forgiving of the nurse who had to administer them. Heath stood at the end of table and watched with big eyes. He said, It's okay, Gigs, you get Band-Aids and lollipops. And they did. Snoopy Band-Aids. And Heath picked out a red lollipop. Stella picked out a blue.
After Stella's appointment, we headed to the ole Target to pick out a new swim suit for Heath. After his multiple attempts at insisting the 12 month Spider-Man was just what he needed, I finally got him to make the number connection. You need a 4T, help me find a number 4 on the hanger. He was thrilled to find the 4. Although Heath said he doesn't want his belly covered with a t-shirt, I got both of them rash guard swim shirts. He definitely leans in the fair complexion direction, so the less skin I have to worry about burning, the better.

Swim suits: check. Rash guards: check. Baby Jogger: check. I don't know, I think we're pretty much ready to go.







1 comment:

  1. As soon as we walked in the beach house, Lucie looked around the kitchen and said, "Where's Teef?"

    She misses her little beach bud! Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages