Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday and the Creeper

Honestly, if we could just get on a plane and head somewhere really warm and germ free, I would so do it. Maybe temporary bubble housing is available somewhere until May.

Heath has spent the entire afternoon coughing. And he's still awake in his bed. Coughing. I can't complain (but I will), because it hasn't resulted in upchucking. Yet. I'm staying positive on that front.

Poor Miss Stella. My wish for her last night did not come true. My experience with stomach bugs has been that they attack suddenly, with great fury, and about twenty-fours later you're well on the road to being 100%. Not this one. This little critter has been quite the creeper. Just when you think it might be getting better, no. It's still there, creating havoc.

Shortly after she woke up this morning, I was cleaning her room and getting her dressed. Before I could even get her clothes on, she stretched her little body out on the bare hardwood floors and just fell asleep. Completely wiped out.

She did manage to perk up a bit this evening and have a little to eat. She's even managed a new word. Bite. As in, Stella would like a bite of whatever it is that you are eating.

So let's try this again. I have two hopes for this evening: 1) Puke-free night. 2) No one else gets this thing.

And Heath is STILL in there coughing. (Close my eyes and shake my head.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages